With Virtual Reality being the next big thing in the Gaming and Entertainment Industry, more and more people will start adopting the upcoming technology as it gives the users an experience of being immersed in their surroundings be it a game or a movie.
Everything expands when it is shared, and so does the happiness and excitement of the immersive experience of the Virtual Reality Headset, therefore it is given the feature to connect with the TV with the help of Chromecast. But is there a way to make an Oculus Quest cast to TV without Chromecast, Let’s Find out?
How Do I Cast My Oculus Quest To My TV?
Oculus Quest is one such Virtual Reality Headset that gives users the joy and fun of being surrounded by a virtual world.
There are many ways to Cast a Virtual Reality Headset onto a TV, with Chromecast being the most popular method of doing so. Let us find out different ways Oculus Quest Cast to TV Without the Chromecast.
How To Stream Oculus Quest To TV Without Chromecast
Oculus Quest is a Virtual Reality Headset that gives its users an immersive experience on a game or a movie, being a headset it could only cater to one user at a time.
However, this issue could be overcome by Casting the Screen of the Oculus Quest VR Headset onto a TV Screen. There are a variety of ways through which Oculus Quest could be connected to TV Without Chromecast.
- Cast Oculus Quest to your TV using the Headset
- Casting Oculus Quest to TV via Phone
- Casting Oculus Quest to TV with Amazon Fire Stick
Cast Oculus Quest To Your TV Using The Headset
If the users are equipped with a smart TV, they could cast Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Headset Directly onto the TV using just the controller. The users must follow the following steps to Cast Oculus Quest to your TV using the Headset.
- The user must turn on the Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Headset normally.
- Once the VR Headset is turned on the user must go Utilities Section on the right.
- Click on Cast after reaching the Utilities Section.
- A pop-up screen will appear, the user must select the TV they want the VR Headset to be cast to, Select the TV, and click on Next
- After the user has selected the TV, a notification will appear at the bottom of the screen stating Casting Started, showing that the casting process is underway.
- After a few minutes, the users could see their Virtual Reality Screencast on their TV Screens
Casting Oculus Quest To TV Via Phone
The users can cast Oculus Quest on their TV via Phone, with the added benefit of it being free of cost, unlike Chromecast which will cost users some amount of money. To understand How To Stream Oculus Quest To TV Without Chromecast the users must follow the following steps:
- To connect Oculus Quest to TV via Phone, the user must turn on all the devices and connect them to the same Wifi Connection
- The user’s Phone must contain Oculus Quest Application. The user must open the Oculus Application.
- Once the App is turned on, the user must connect it to the Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Headset, by using the casting feature on the app, which will cast the headset onto the Phone.
- Now that VR Headset is cast on the Phone, the next step is to cast the Mobile Phone’s Screen onto the TV, which could be done through a variety of apps like MirorCast and mirror.
- Once the Virtual Reality Screen is visible on the TV, it should be thoroughly checked. As the Screen is the first cast onto Mobile Phone Screen and then onto the TV Screen there could be latency issues. As well as the quality of the casted screen using the Phone won’t be as high as the one cast using Chromecast.
Oculus Quest 2 Not Pairing To Phone
There could be many reasons why Oculus Quest 2 is not Pairing To a Phone, some of the common ones are using an outdated version, bad wifi connection or incorrect pairing code.
Some of the potential solutions for Oculus Quest 2 Not Pairing To Phone are stated below:
- Restarting Both the Phone and Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headset
- Double-check and Confirm that Bluetooth Services is Turned On.
- Confirm that both the Phone and the VR Headset are connected to the same Wifi Connection
- Clear the Oculus Quest 2 App Data and Cache Memory
- Reinstall or Update the Oculus App on the Phone.
- Restart the Wifi Router.
- Connect Both The Phone and the Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headset to a different Wifi Connection.
- Pair the Oculus Quest 2 Headset with a different Phone.
How To Connect Oculus Quest 2 To Steam
To play Steam Games on the VR Headset the users will be needing a USC-C Cable long enough to connect to the Oculus Quest 2 Headset. The user must follow the following steps to Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2.
- Connect Oculus Quest 2 Headset with the Pc using USB – C Cable.
- Install the Quest 2 Desktop App on the Pc.
- Open the Quest 2 App
- In the Navigation Pane, click on Devices
- Click on Add Headset Button.
- Choose Quest 2 Option.
- Once the set-up is complete click on Link (Cable).
- Click on Continue
- Open the Steam App and Click on Start VR.
- Once that is done, the user must have access to the steam library on the VR Headset.
Casting Oculus Quest To TV With Amazon Fire Stick
Another Way of to Cast a VR Headset on the TV Screen is to cast Oculus Quest on TV with Amazon Firestick. Firestick offers a solution that is cast higher in quality and more affordable. The users must follow the following to cast Oculus Quest to TV with Amazon Firestick:
- The Firestick must be plugged in and installed by the user, with all the necessary applications being installed before casting VR Screen onto the TV.
- Applications like AllCast and Airplay must be installed through Firestick, to cast the Phone onto the TV Screen
- The users must open the Oculus App on the Phone, and then cast VR Headset on the Phone.
- Once the VR Headset is cast onto the Phone’s Screen, the user should use the mirroring applications to cast the Phone’s Screen on the TV via Amazon Fire Stick.
- Once the VR Headset screen is cast on the TV, all the devices involved should be thoroughly checked for their performances. As the VR screen is the first cast on the Mobile Phone and then cast on the Tv Screen it could go under some latency and lag issues. The Phone must also be checked frequently for its battery backup and heat issues.
Casting Oculus Quest To An Old TV
Is it possible to cast Oculus Quest on An Old TV? Unfortunately, the answer is No. It is not possible to cast an Oculus Quest Screen onto an old TV due to the lack of technological capabilities of that TV.
It is advisable for the users to invest some money into a Chromecast or an Amazon Firestick, to cast Oculus Quest onto that TV.
Q1. Does Oculus only work with Chromecast?
Ans: No, Oculus does not only work with Chromecast, there are a variety of ways through which Oculus could be cast onto the TV Screen, including casting oculus through the headset, phone, and an Amazon Firestick.
Q2. How do I cast my Oculus Quest 2 to my TV?
Ans: Oculus Quest 2 could be cast onto the TV Screen by using different approaches, the most popular being using Chromecast to cast Oculus Quest 2 screen on the TV Screen.
The user has the option to connect the screen Oculus Quest 2 to the TV Screen via Phone, Amazon Firestick or directly through the Headset.
Q3. What devices can Oculus Quest cast to?
Ans: Oculus Quest currently supports the devices like – Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Google Home Hub, and NVIDIA Shield TV.
The Oculus Quest can also be connected through Amazon Firestick, Phone, and directly via Headset as well in case of Smart Tv.
Wrapping Up The Article
The article talked about various ways through which the oculus quest cast to tv without Chromecast, The article answered the questions like how to stream oculus quest 2 to tv using various approaches and devices including Phone and Amazon Firestick.