Many times as it happens that iOS users try to change the voice of Siri to their own preferences. It is either to bring something new to it or to jazz it up a little. In this article, we will discuss how to change the voice of Siri and stuff related to that.
How To Change Siri’s Voice?
If you notice that my Siri’s voice has changed knowingly or unknowingly, then you can change the voice by following these steps using a voiceover.
- Open the setting app
- Go to “Accessibility.” There you will see the blue icon which shows a person placed inside a circle.
- After that, you have to click on “VoiceOver” placed on top of the “Vision” category.
- Now click on the ‘speech’
- The general voice that is used for the voice of Siri is ‘Samantha’. You have to choose the voiceover you want to select.
- Click on ‘voice’ from the voiceover option.
- You can download the voice that you want to utilize or set from the cloud. There are various voice-overs that you can download easily.
- Click on the voice that you want to choose. After that, you will notice a blue checkmark on the left side of the name.
- Upon clicking on it, the voice will have been changed.
How To Change The Voice of Siri’s voice changed?
There is an alternative way in which you can change the voice or even the gender. This easy method can be used if the UK Siri voice changed to male so that you can get it back to female.
- Open the Settings app.
- Now Scroll down.
- Then go to the “Siri & Search” tab.
- Click on it.
- There you will see an option of ‘Siri voice’ that is placed under the category of “Ask Siri”
- Now Open the tab.
- There you will see various options in front of you. Choose the accent you want.
- Choose gender.
- Click on it. The changes will be saved.
How To Change The Voice-Over Of Google Map?
Many times when you change the voiceover of your ios, users have complained ‘I changed Siri’s voice but it didn’t change on google maps’.
The android has its own voice that can be used in the Google map, however, the case for the ios system is different.
You have to change the language in order to get a new voice. However, if you change the voice of the map, the voice-over of the whole system will be changed and adapted to the system that you have chosen. If you don’t want to change the voice then you can easily download the iOS maps app.
The google map and the iOS map share different voice-overs. But if you are thinking of using google maps on iOS then By following the easy method mentioned here, you can ensure changing the voice of Siri on Google maps.
- Go to setting
- Click on the general option.
- From there you have to make way to ‘language and region’ in order to change the voice.
- In order to change the voice of the map, click on the ‘language’ option.
- Choose the language that you want to represent.
- You will be given the option ‘change to’. You have to click on it.
- By clicking on the ‘change to’, the whole system will change the language to the option you have chosen.
- In order to change the accent, make way to the ‘region’ section.
- Choose the region according to the accent you prefer.
- Click on it.
- The accent will be changed according to your preference.
How To Reset Rour Siri Voice-Over?
There are various reasons that could lead to Siri not responding to your voice. Many users have concluded that “my Siri voice cannot be changed memory” and it could happen due to many reasons. But you could reset the settings to make it alright.
- Head to Settings
- Then go to General
- Go to ‘Siri’
- toggle the Siri selection to Off.
- Now go to Settings
- Go to General
- Now go to Keyboards
- Now click on “Enable Dictation.”
- Now you have to put both of these on. This is how to reset the setting.
What Are Some Of The Reasons That Could Lead To This Malfunction?
Many users have said that Siri’s voice has changed. It could happen due to many reasons.
- Poor network connection: Poor network connection could lead up Siri not responding to your voice. A strong internet connection is needed to maintain that support.
- Check to see if Siri is on: Many times Siri remains deactivated. To activate it, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Then to Siri & Search
- Listen for “Hey Siri”,
- Press Home for Siri or click Side Button to turn it on.
- Maybe the restrictions are on: If Siri is on restriction then you have to remove that.
- go to Settings
- Then to Screen Time
- Then to Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Go to Allowed Apps
- If Siri is turned off then turn the option Siri & Dictation on.
- Check if your microphone is connected with the device: Many times the bad connectivity issue with the microphone could lead up to a disconnected conversation. Siri can’t respond if she can’t hear. Make sure it is well connected.
- See if it is responding: If your voice feedback is turned off or muted then Siri will not respond. You have to turn it on.
- go to Settings
- Then make way to Siri & Search
- From there go to Voice Feedback.
- Now change the settings for how you want Siri to respond.
- Turn it on according to your preferences.
There could be many reasons behind Siri not responding to your voice, however, you can change the way that works along with the way Siri sounds to bring a sense of originality.