Peacock TV, a renowned streaming service, offers its viewers access to over 1000 TV series, including content from eminent studios such as Focus Features, Universal, and Dreamworks. Not just limited to series, it also features news stations like CNBC, MSNBC, NBC News, and more. For families, they’ve curated selections specifically for children.
The real question that arises for many is – How can one cast Peacock TV from an iPhone to a bigger screen for an enhanced viewing experience? This guide delves deep into that.
All You Need To Know About Peacock TV
Peacock TV isn’t just another streaming service; it’s a blend of entertainment, news, and hand-picked content for kids. Available in select countries, it offers various subscription models. The premium editions are priced at $4.99 per month, while the premium plus versions come at $9.99 per month. However, prices may vary annually.
The best part? If you’re an Xfinity or COX internet user, you can enjoy Peacock TV premium for free. Moreover, there’s a list of smart TVs that are compatible with Peacock TV, ensuring you can enjoy its content seamlessly.
How To Cast Peacock To TV From IPhone
- Using AirPlay: AirPlay offers a straightforward way to cast Peacock to your TV. Simply download the AirPlay app on your iPhone, log in to your Peacock account, and start streaming. To connect, select the AirPlay icon and choose a compatible smart TV.
- Using AirDroid Cast Web: A versatile method, especially if you’re looking to cast from multiple devices.
- Using a Streaming Device: Devices like Chromecast, Roku Stick, and Amazon Firestick make casting a breeze. Just ensure your device and TV are on the same network, launch the Peacock app, and hit the cast icon.
- Using the Default Peacock App: Connect your iPhone to the internet, ensuring both the TV and phone are on the same network. Install the Peacock app, launch it, and tap the cast icon. Choose your Chromecast device, wait for a connection, and start streaming.
- Using the Browser: Open Chrome on your iPhone or PC, visit the Peacock TV website, and sign in. Right-click on the desired media content, select ‘Cast’, choose your Chromecast device, and enjoy.
- Using the Roku Remote App: Install the Roku app on your iPhone, navigate to Peacock content, tap the cast screen button, choose your Chromecast device, and stream away.
Troubleshooting: Peacock TV Not Working On Chromecast
Sometimes, even the best of technologies can hiccup. If you’re facing issues with casting Peacock TV on Chromecast, here are some steps to troubleshoot:
- Ensuring both Chromecast and casting device are on the same network: It’s essential that both your Chromecast and the device you’re casting from are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This ensures seamless communication between the two.
- Updating the Peacock TV app and Chromecast firmware: Outdated software can often be the culprit behind casting issues. Make sure you have the latest version of the Peacock TV app. Similarly, check for any available firmware updates for your Chromecast device.
- Restarting Chromecast if issues persist: Like any tech device, sometimes all Chromecast needs is a quick restart. Unplug it, wait for a few moments, and plug it back in. This can resolve many common issues.
Peacock TV Availability
Peacock TV has made a significant mark in the streaming world. However, its availability is something to note:
- Peacock TV is primarily available in the United States: While it offers a plethora of content, Peacock TV is primarily catered to the U.S. audience.
- Using a VPN to access Peacock TV from outside the U.S.: If you’re outside the United States and itching to watch Peacock TV, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can be your best friend. It masks your location, making it seem like you’re accessing the internet from the U.S., allowing you to enjoy Peacock TV’s content.
Important Information About Peacock TV
Peacock TV isn’t just another streaming service; it’s a hub of entertainment. Here’s some crucial information about it:
- List of TVs that support Peacock: Not all smart TVs support Peacock TV. Before planning a binge-watch session, it’s good to check if your TV is compatible. Brands like Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku typically support Peacock TV.
- Steps to download the Peacock App on a Smart TV: To get started, navigate to your TV’s app store, search for the Peacock TV app, and download it. Once installed, sign in or create an account, and you’re ready to dive into the world of entertainment.
- Methods to stream Peacock from iPhone to TV: Whether it’s through AirPlay, Chromecast, or directly from the Peacock app, iPhone users have multiple avenues to cast content onto their TVs.
- AirPlay compatibility with Peacock TV: For Apple aficionados, AirPlay provides a seamless way to cast Peacock TV from their devices to compatible TVs.
- Casting Peacock from iPad to TV: Much like the iPhone, iPads too offer the capability to cast Peacock TV. Simply open the app, tap on the cast icon, and choose your TV.
- Casting to Chromecast from iPhone: With the Google Home app installed on your iPhone, casting to Chromecast becomes a breeze. Launch the app, tap on the cast icon, and select your Chromecast device.
Comparison: AirPlay, AirDroid Cast, Chromecast, And Roku
Each method has its unique advantages. While AirPlay is integrated into Apple devices, making it convenient for iPhone users, AirDroid Cast Web offers versatility. Chromecast and Roku, on the other hand, are dedicated streaming devices known for their reliability. Choose based on your preferences and setup.
[Bonus] How To Cast Peacock TV To TV From PC
AirDroid Cast Web isn’t just for mobiles. If you’re on a PC, you can use it to mirror Peacock TV content. With browser compatibility, casting shows directly from Chrome is also an option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I cast Peacock TV to older TV models?
Ans: While Peacock TV is optimized for newer smart TVs, older TV models can still access the service using streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick.
Q2. Why is there a lag between my device and the TV when casting Peacock TV?
Ans: A slight lag can occur due to network congestion, distance between devices, or the device’s processing speed. Ensure a strong Wi-Fi connection and reduce the number of devices connected to the same network for optimal performance.
Q3. Can I control playback features (like pause, rewind) from my phone while casting?
Ans: Yes, when you cast Peacock TV from your phone or tablet, it essentially becomes a remote control, allowing you to manage playback features directly from the device.
Q4. Is it possible to cast Peacock TV from Android devices?
Ans: Absolutely! While our discussion focused on iPhones, Android users can also cast Peacock TV using similar methods, such as